The so-called next generation open source digital commerce platform- Magento 2.0 is a new platform that empowers brands, retailers, and businesses across the B2C and B2B industries. The upgraded version of Magento offers the users with enterprise-grade scalability, improved performance, and better code base. In addition to that, this open source development platform offers much more!!
Being a technology freak, or rightly saying being a “hard-core” Magento developer, there must be several questions popping up in your mind like- what benefits we may relish from Magento 2.0 changes, will it be easier to customize Magento 2.0, will Magento be more flexible as per customer’s changing needs and many more, right? So, let’s resolve these queries by revealing the main features of Magento 2.0:
Key Features of Magento 2.0 alluring majority of eCommerce store owners:
- Full page caching in both- Magento 2.0 Community Edition and Magento 2.0 Enterprise Edition: With this feature the system will build a static file system that allows the page load time 1-2 seconds. This eliminates the tremendous amount of time that a web server takes in rendering a page for solving database queries.
- Systematic checkout process: Almost 80% of current Magento eCommerce sites have altered their checkout process for streamlining it. With the Magento 2.0, guest checkout is assumed and if in case you are an existing customer, you can log out without having to remember a password.
- A clean, modern code base: The Magento 2.0 is a fresh start and so the eCommerce store owners or the merchants need not to worry about its code.
- Better performance and reduced table locking: There has been observed an issue of table locking when a large mass of people try to place their order on the site that sometimes lead to crashing down of the system. With Magento 2.0, this issue has been reduced considerably for Magento 2.0 Community and Magento 2.0 Enterprise websites.
Analyzing all these features, there are chances that masses of people would opt for Magento 2.0 Enterprise. Know why?
- Database is no more a single point of failure: The Magento 2.0 Enterprise allows to separate the databases. So, as someone adds something to their shopping cart, it completely separates the database till the checkout process is completed.
- Magento Enterprise includes all the key features built-in with it, including- RMA, better PCI compliance, Admin logging, personalization, gift registry, advanced customer segmentation, gift points and much more.
Database Improvements for Magento 2.0
Previously, the database was the single point of failure in Magento. But, with the Magento development and version upgrade to Magento 2.0, this issue is no more. In Magento 2.0, you will be having a standalone database for order management and checkout, as well. So if you want, you can have the front end of your site’s content, products and categories served out of a single mySQL database.
One important thing to remember is that this database can handle a ton of traffic. So while performing checkout on the site, the checkout page uses a secondary, standalone database. This allows scaling out the site and has dedicated resources to the most important site visitors – the people trying to check out on the site and make a purchase.
Speed Improvements for Magento 2.0
One can experience speed improvements at a wider range with Magento 2.0. it has been observed that-
- End users are able to browse the site 25% faster
- End users are able to add products to their shopping cart 52% faster as compared to the current Magento 1.x platform.
In addition to that, it has been observed that Magento 2.0 is able to support 10 million catalog page views easily as compared to that of Magento 1.9 or Magento 1.14 platform with the same hardware configuration. This really is something exceptional.
Improved Checkout Process in Magento 2.0:
The Magento 2.0 has greatly optimized and simplified the checkout process. The Magento 2.0 re-imagines the checkout process, and starts the entire process with the assumption that someone wants to checkout and makes a purchase:
The end user just starts by entering their email address into the system. If the email address is found (because they are a past customer), then they will be prompted for their password, otherwise, the end user just checks out normally.
Improved Backend Magento Processes in Magento 2.0:
In the Magento 2.0 update, a major focus was on how website owners, need to process the orders and add/edit/remove products in the Magento admin. The most common requested feature in the past was the ability to customize the Magento admin grid. Ultimately, Magento 2.0 offers a convenient option to store owners by addressing key issue with Magento products in general.
Besides these, some key features added to admin area in Magento 2.0 are:
- Friendly backend User Interface.
- Multiple admin users without data conflict occurrence.
- Applying unique images by attribute to each SKU or single set of images to all SKUs.
- An option for bulk pricing, both- to a single set of images or in bulk to all.
- Creating separate product configurations in Magento 2.0 using visual editors.
Besides these, there are many more things that you can explore in Magento 2.0 admin area.
Thus, this is what the open source development – Magento 2.0 has to offer to the eCommerce industry. There are a lot more features that one can explore in Magento 2.0- a user-friendly eCommerce platform.