There was a requirement of a system that allows the users to perform a search through granular criteria specified by them. User has to choose the necessary criteria and then specify the acceptable range. Based on it, the system will populate matching stocks to the users.
- 1A stoke Search Engine to enable search based on granular criteria precisely specified by the user
- 2Apache Solr platform used as backend due to its faster and predictable nature while responding frontend queries
- 3Data gets pulled from the sources such as Thomson Reuters, Digital Look, Proquote, MorningStar, InteractiveData etc.
- 4Flat data structure gets injected into different Solr cores depending on their relevant stock types
- 5Implementation of multiple Solr cores to deliver real time results complying with comminuted and multiple search criteria
- 6Solr for indexing as well as storing the data instead of traditional RDBMS databases for quicker data fetching