Spoonzo is B2C BYOD solution specially developed for Hospitality industry. It is aimed to replace paper menus with an interactive application for Restaurants, cafés, Pubs & Bars. Users with Spoonzo in their smart phones can get the entire menu of restaurant and much more, just by scanning QR code placed on the table. Spoonzo gives businesses the opportunity to increase market presence and directly connect with guests using mobile as a medium.
The client came up with an idea to innovate the dining experience for the restaurants. Azilen, pursued this idea into a delightful product by revitalizing the entire dining experience backed by technology. This journey started with a thorough understanding of the domain and subordinate processes with:
- Consulting customers and staff members of several restaurants to understand the critical functionalities.
- Study and research of the customer's traits, trends and tactics along with the demographics.
- Formulating the requirements and analysis of the core functional components of the prospective system.
The UX was conceptualized with a customer centric approach encapsulating every segment of dining process. UX being one of the vital triggers for such products, an extensive focus was laid in designing the customer journey. This included:
- Mind-mapping the entire Ecosystem with visualizing & inter-linking the components accounting the Dining Process.
- Illustrating the process workflows and introducing the BYOD concept to increase the operational efficiency.
- Designing the UX visuals and trial-on prototypes, and reiterating to the received feedbacks and suggestions.
The contemporary designing enabled the ease-to-use fluidity, being niche application genre and strategic design thinking ensured the serving of contactless yet connected experience.
Product Technical Highlights
- Native iOS/Android based BYOD application.
- Instance based server optimization reducing server utilization during non-peak hours.
- Payment Gateway & Social Media integration.
- POS & Kitchen Monitor integration.
- Back end - Customized backend for managing end to end details of users and menu.
- Optimized combination of NoSQL(MongoDB) & MySQL.
- Interactive UI/UX designs.
- Highly scalable architecture.
- Capable to support 50 million users.
- Easy and impressive menu navigation and food selection.
- Customized search and filter.
- Direct order from guest's own smartphones.
- Quick call for various services.
- Have your patrons rate your dishes and experience and share it on social platforms to spread your popularity.
- Saving favorite dishes, sharing reviews, suggestions and referrals.
- Loyalty & Rewards.
For achieving these, a concrete development roadmap was defined with the solution architecture and technological landscape. A lean development approach was adopted with phased implementation:
- Pilot project: Developing the NFP(Non-Functional Prototype) for populating the apparent view of the application.
- MVP: Development of the system for demonstrating the primary and intrinsic functionalities for testing with selected restaurants.
- Running surveys for experience and expectations with user experience feedback.
- Tuning the system with the user feedback and rolling out the enhanced application.
- Go green by saving paper, less paperwork & reduced administration costs.
- Increase revenue with distinguishing your current offering.
- Helps the wait staff to concentrate on customer service rather than running to and fro for managing order.
- Create menu items without difficulty and effortlessly manage order history.
- Enhanced customer service by providing complete details, instructive with eye-catching menu.
- Soaring sales prospective for catering large untouched market.
- Quicker the services, more contented the customers.
- Big numbers of customer retention & footfalls.