As techies, we always try to find out how we can use multiple collaborated technologies so that we can utilize the maximum strengths of different technologies, overcome their individual limitations and use them in creating the most suitable solution. During our research work for technologies, we have found that an Angular 2.0 application integrated with Liferay DXP offers a unique combination.
AngularJS had already been much popular among developers and enhancements of Angular 2.0 have made it even more preferred to create speedy, rich and effective applications. As we know, Angular 2.0 also requires third party tools to leverage security features, Authorization/Authentication etc. With its OOTB functionalities, Liferay DXP can be proved an ideal solution to be used with Angular 2.0 because of many reasons. Few are listed below:
- Liferay comes with more powerful security features as portal setup in terms of creating SPA website using Angular
- Authorization/Authentication will be managed by Liferay, no need to consider that part in Angular
- You can use any RESTful API to load data
- Write RESTful API in portlet and utilize it in angular services to serve CRUD data operations
In this blog, step by step we will create a simple “Hello World” Angular 2.0 App in Liferay DXP Theme. We have classified the blog in three easy steps for simplified understanding.
- Creation of Liferay theme
- Adding Angular files to Liferay theme